Monday, October 20, 2014

Once Again Unto the Breach!

Let's see... I walked 81289 steps or 48.77 km. Once again, Mom and Dad, my sitting quietly practice came in quite handy. For those who don't know, SQP was my punishment when I was rowdy when a child. I would have to sit on the couch for about 15-20 minutes and be quiet [Parental Note: SQP was only when he was really rowdy at church]. I hated it at the time but it has turned into an invaluable skill. So, I have still been dealing with my bronchitis even after taking the drugs that the previous doctor gave me. So, I went back to the hospital. After waiting a while, I went in to see the doctor. He checked me out and told me that I have the beginnings of a chest infection. So he wrote some stuff on a paper and told me to go somewhere else and give the paper to someone. So I kind of wandered around a bit, then some guy (a doctor) took my paper and told me to sit down a bit. I thought he was going to get me some pills for free and I would just take them home and take them there. But, when he returned, he had a tray full of tubes and he led me to a room with a bunch of those racks for he IV drips. I got pretty scared that I was going to be pricked. But it turned out that there was also an air valve on the wall and I was supposed to take one of those nebulizer things. There was a little mask with smoke coming out of it that I was supposed to breath into for 40 minutes. There were only 2 other people in the room during the entire thing: A crazy old woman and what I can only assume was her husband. The woman had one of those canelli things (the tube that sticks into your nose) And she let the entire world know. She was just complaining the entire time. Telling her husband to get the doctors to take this "contraption of the devil" out of her nose. She was not quiet the entire time. It taxed my patience quite a bit. When my stuff ran out, I got myself out of there. I was so happy to not be with that woman anymore. I had to talk to the doctor again and he told me I had to do the nebulizer for another 40 minutes... So I went back to that room and the woman had started pacing around the room saying catholic prayers and singing "I want, I want, I want, I want, I want LOOOOOOVE" really horribly. I just sat there quietly and waited out my 40 minutes. After that, it felt soooo good to not be in that room. Other than that, the week was pretty normal. Just doing a bunch of contacts to try to find someone that will go to church. We haven't had any success so far. It was an alright, albeit, hot week.

Love you all!

-Elder Michael Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment