Monday, May 25, 2015

Ya' Never Know

Well, the week started off normal enough. After my trial with the hospital and sleeping a lot, we went to a FHE. All of a sudden, we got a phone call. One of the other Elders would be transferred to Prata. Then, our cell phone starts to ring... What could it be? Elder Carlson is being transferred to Prata and the other elder is staying... So, I packed up my bags and left on Tuesday for my new area. My new companion is Elder Cajamarca (from Colombia), he's also the DL. We live with the ZLs, Elders Perkins (from virginia) and Barboza (from Uruguay). Prata is in Campina Grande but only just. Our area, we have to walk for about 40-50 minutes just to get to the beginning. But, after going to the hospital, the doctor told me to stay inside for 4 days. It was the worst. We found 2 members to stay with us (one at the house with me and the other teaching with my comp). I did a lot of sleeping, cleaning, and nothing. Finally, on Saturday, I was able to leave to teach, which was quite nice after so long. Sunday, we had the baptism of a young man named Jefferson, who I taught once. I like this ward, it's a nice ward and the people with who I am living are a lot nicer than the last ones. It's going to be a good transfer. Three things: 1.) HAPPY late BIRTHDAY MOM!!!! 2.) There is a member here who puts designs on ties for about $10, so if any of you want one, draw your design in paint and send it to me. 3.) Anyone have any specific souvenieer requests? Soccer Jerseys, sandals, flags?

Hey, love you all!!!

-Elder Michael Carlson
In Queimadas
In Prata

No comments:

Post a Comment