Monday, July 7, 2014

Just Another Week of Walking

123413 steps, or 74.04 KM. Let's see, highlights of the week: I hit my 1 year left mark (probably) this past week, that was pretty crazy. I got to watch a Brazil World Cup game on the 4th of July and all the Americans got together and we sang the Star Spangled Banner while holding an American flag. That was really fun and patriotic. Church was really good, depsite having no investigators there. Elder Loaiza is being transferred today. We woke up today at 5:30 to go play soccer (which I didn't want to do that early) and then it turned out that it didn't even happen, so I missed a lot of sleep last night, which is not very fun. My investigators: We're teaching Pamela and Bianca, who believe the church is true, they just don't want to get baptized. We've already taught them everything, so we don't know what to do. We're teaching Cicero and his family but they are VERY Catholic. And they hve some very weird ideas about what happens in a church meeting. They thought we did blood sacrifices there... Which we don't... We are also teaching Robert, he's already been taught everything multiple times but he doesn't want to leave his church. And the last person is Viviane. She's pretty sweet. We've taught the first lesson and she liked it. She has a good friend from a different ward who already gave her a Book of Mormon and already taught her to pray. So that was pretty cool. But, she's a missionary in her church (I think), so we're going to have some difficulty there.

It was a pretty good week over all. There were some hard parts but I think I've pushed through the worst of it.

Love you all!

-Elder Michael Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment