Monday, July 28, 2014

Rockstar Churches and Fireflies

Last week was 85418 steps and 51.25 KM. So I went on exchanges to São José da Mata (the other area in our district) this past week. When it got dark, I started seeing little flashes of light. I was really confused about what they were. Turns out, I was seeing fireflies for the first time in my life. I caught one in my hair and saw it flash a bunch. It was pretty cool. Also, I saw a shirt this week that said, "Skate Everything 'Till Death" I wonder whose death? Everything, or the one doing the skating. The world will never know. Also, we invented a new game. We were supposed to have mutual, but everyone but us and Mateus were told that it was moved to Friday. So we showed up Thursday with Mateus. So we made up a game with a ping-pong ball, chairs and hymn books. You have to hit the other people's chairs to get points without letting the ball hit you, which makes you lose points. It got pretty intense. Also, we brought a couple investigators to church yesterday. One woman was there for the first time. I'm pretty sure she wasn't expecting what the meetings were like because I saw she had cotten in her ears as earplugs. There are so many "Rockstar churches" here. They all have drum sets and guitars. It's pretty crazy. We also saw a man who said he was god. That was pretty funny. He asked us what we were doing and we told him, "Oh, we're just out here preaching your words." He responded, "Oh, good. Preach to me." He was veeeeeerrrry drunk. The people here are very interesting. HEY! So my next P-day will be next Wednesday, so don't worry that I don't email on Monday. Sorry.

Love you all!

-Elder Michael Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment