Monday, August 11, 2014

Crazy Birthday Parties Are Crazy

Before I start, 109231 steps or 65.53 km. So, I finally got into my house, which is quite nice. It's about 3 times as big as my last house and I don't have to sleep in a bunk bed. The members here are great. We have really good lunch every day. I'm kind of in the rich ward. Everyone has super fancy houses and everything. The area itself is very commercial, which makes it harder to do missionary work. Everyone lives outside of our area. My companion is Elder Sprouse. He's from Utah. He has the same time on the mission as me, only he spent all of it in Brazil. The area is kind of hard but the members are super willing to help. So, on Saturday, the bishop invited us all to the baptism and birthday party of his son to meet all the members. It was nuts. There was sooo much food and soo many people there at the church. I even helped set up a trampoline (full-sized) in the church. They went all out. I had a lot of fun and we made a good impression on the members, I think. It rained all this last week, which sucked, but it was a fun half a week.

Love ya all!

-Elder Michael Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment